2015 International CES
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Digital Wax Systems (DWS), a leading manufacturer of 3D printers for industrial, dental and biomedical, and jewelry industries, today made XFAB, the first affordable, high-end 3D printer, available for worldwide purchase in Q1 2015. With the most accurate laser on the consumer market, XFAB uses the same technology as industrial high-endprinters, yet it s affordable and compact enough for desktop use. This announcement was made at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) (booth #72418, Sands Expo A-C).
XFAB is uniquely suited for designers, inventors and engineers who quickly want to create high-quality 3D printed items with no material waste. It includes the following benefits:
- Affordability. Unlike most high-end printers, XFAB is affordable for everyday consumer use. Cost is $5,000 + VAT for North American countries (taxes and duties are not included).
- Laser stereolithography. Instead of traditional fused deposition modelling, laser stereolithography is used to create 3D models. This makes products more precise and dramatically broadens the choice of materials offered to the consumer.
- A variety of materials. XFAB s patented technology can turn ten materials into solid for the widest range of applications. Materials include: acrylate resin, ABS, polypropylene, rigid opaque, transparent, rubber, ceramic and castable wax.
- No material waste. Contains intelligent cartridges that limit liquid leaks and allow quick material change. The material solidifies in a quantity proportional to the object being manufactured without any additional waste. Material left in the cartridge can be used to make other objects.
- Editing software. NAUTA XFAB Edition is user-friendly editing software included in XFAB. It helps consumers flexibly create designs with little to no training.
DWS is leading a booming industry. The 3D printing market is expected to grow over 500 percent with a year-over-year growth rate of 45.7 percent, according to independent research company Canalys. In addition to XFAB, DWS will also showcase three 3D printers representing the company s full professional line at CES:
- DigitalWax 029X, for industrial design applications
- DigitalWax 020D, for dental and biomedical applications
- DigitalWax 009J, for jewelry and accessories
To learn more about XFAB, visit here: http://dwslab.com/xfab/.
To pre-order XFAB, click here: http://dwslab.com/pre-order/.
DWS, Digital Wax Systems, is an Italian-based manufacturer of 3D printers. Founded in 2007, DWS is the only Italian company capable of developing stereolithography systems, which can quickly and precisely make 3D items in a variety of materials. DWS serves customers in four sectors: jewelry, dental and biomedical, industrial design and consumer goods. The company s mission is to lead lean manufacturing of 3D items, helping businesses and consumers quickly and efficiently create products.
For a Complete Version of this BUSINESS WIRE Press Release