LAS VEGAS--Put on your poodle skirts! Make some milkshakes! Stack up those 45s! Wilsonart, a leading manufacturer of decorative engineered surfaces for 60 years, has teamed up with home design bloggers Pam Kueber and Kate Battle of RetroRenovation.com to introduce Retro Renovation® by Wilsonart, seven new colorways of boomerang laminate designs. Developed to coordinate with both vintage materials and new products available in classic retro colors, the seven new colorways were designed to appeal to the growing number of homeowners who want to bring popular colors from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s into their kitchens and bathrooms.
Finding small-scale, tone-on-tone, abstract pattern laminates in a variety of retro colors has been a particularly vexing problem for Retro Renovators, until now. The new boomerang designs, part of Wilsonart’s Virtual Design Library (VDL) “Retro” category, combine with other abstract shapes in the following colorways:
- Retro Renovation®First Lady Pink – A warm pink color popularized by Mamie Eisenhower in the 1950s, super popular in pink bathrooms and great for a sweetheart kitchen, too.
- Retro Renovation®Delightful Jade – Inspired by vintage jadeite milk glass, a beloved color and collectible among retro enthusiasts. Kate used this color in her 1962 bathroom. We love it for vintage-style kitchens, too.
- Retro Renovation®Créme Caramel – A delicious pale golden yellow background with butterscotch boomerangs. This colorway looks great with wood cabinetry.
- Retro Renovation®Rock ‘n’ Roll Ruby – The only design that is not tone-on-tone, this one is a bold retro design inspired by diners with waitresses on roller skates.
- Retro Renovation®Aqua Ripple – A soft, retro aqua that also plays well with blue.
- Retro Renovation®Nostalgic Gray – A warm, relatively light gray that would work well as a neutral or with color-coordinated tiles or décor.
- Retro Renovation®Friendly Beige – A warm, light rosy-beige also intended as a neutral.
Tapping Wilsonart’s Design Heritage
“With an ever expanding collection of curated laminate designs, our Virtual Design Library allows for beautiful, individual, customization. VDL gives the designer the opportunity to make every space unique,” said Natalia Smith, product design manager at Wilsonart. “From High Pressure Laminate designs that include footballs to folk art, and checkerboards to cherry groves, the digital design library contains something for every space or inspiration. Adding Retro Renovation by Wilsonart to our collection will expand our selection of popular retro patterns.”
“My blog is all about helping owners of midcentury and vintage homes find the products they need to get their projects done,” said Pam Kueber, publisher of RetroRenovation.com, a popular home renovation design and decorating website with more than 325,000 unique visitors each month. “Because this market is still a niche, there’s been a real shortage of mass-market laminates available to use in retro kitchens and baths. When I learned about the flexibility of the Virtual Design Library, I knew it was a great place to offer these beautiful retro-classic colorways.”
Retro Renovation® by Wilsonart will be available online February 1. For more information about Wilsonart products, including the new Retro Renovation by Wilsonart, visit www.wilsonart.com or call 1-800-433-3222.
About Retro Renovation
Founded by mid mod mad journalist Pam Kueber in 2007, RetroRenovation.com today attracts more than 325,000 unique visitors each month – enthusiastic fans of midcentury and vintage design who are looking for products and ideas to help remodel, renovate and decorate their homes in a way that is sympathetic to the original architecture. The site’s top goal is to help readers find the often hard-to-find products they need to get their projects done. It contains more than 3,000 stories, including categorized research on scores of products suitable to renovate and decorate a midcentury home; detailed stories about readers’ remodels; photos of more than 100 time capsule houses to scrutinize for ideas; an archive of rare architectural features from the era; a history of vintage steel kitchen cabinets and list of more than 70 brands, and more. The New York Times called RetroRenovation.com “the go-to destination for enthusiasts who want to restore houses built during the post-World War II boom.”
Wilsonart is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and distributors of High Pressure Laminates and other engineered surfaces used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications. The company operates under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands and has achieved success through a combination of outstanding service, high-quality products and a focus on continuously redefining decorative surfaces through improved performance and aesthetics. For more information, visit www.Wilsonart.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.