LAS VEGAS--Showcasing the surprising strength of Neutrals - the unsung heroes of color - Wilsonart, a leading manufacturer of decorative engineered surfaces for 60 years, today introduces 19 new Solid Surface designs.
“Wilsonart’s newest Solid Surface designs harness the power of neutrals, which adapt to and support any amazing design expression they are integrated with,” said Natalia Smith, product design manager. “Like the little black dress, neutrals can be dressed up for sophisticated elegance and a touch of glitz or an understated everyday look with colorful accents. Consumers are giving up the quest for perfection and taking a more casual approach whereby beauty is defined by the individual and supported by nature. Neutrals with attitude dominate.”
There is an appreciation and desire for items that show character through use or age. This trend, Beauty of Imperfection, is a true celebration of pieces: things and people that have a story to tell. Homeowners are collecting experiences rather than just things, decorating with the experiences that celebrate uniqueness and memories. Solid Surface adapts to individual and unique stories, and meet the timeless quest for luxury, quality, durability and ease of maintenance.
The six designs of Wilsonart’s new Cosmic series feature movement and complex color, inspired by interstellar images across the universe. These neutral patterns can be bold or understated, and always gorgeous:
- Moon Geyser (9209CM) A soft pattern inspired by geysers on the moon Triton. It has a white background with light grey movement and sparkles throughout the pattern.
- Europa (9210CM) Like the frozen planet Europa, this design is an off white with light brown movement and medium size clear white particles interspersed.
- Jovian (9211CM) Light taupe with a darker taupe movement makes up this design. Medium clear particles in grey, white and brown and black specs are found throughout.
- Triton (9212CM) This design is a light neutral with movement of browns with clear medium and small particles. It is inspired by the surface of Pluto’s moon Triton.
- Orion's Belt (9213CM) Warm medium browns flow with white and clear particles throughout the pattern. Orion’s Belt is inspired by stars in the universe.
- Asteroid (9214CM) Deep brown with taupe, white and lighter browns flow in this pattern inspired by asteroids. Fine and small particles are mixed throughout.
The new Ice series designs from Wilsonart feature the look of quartz with a touch of sparkle from mirror chips.
- Dusk Ice (9203CE) Reminiscent of the frosty earth glistening in the setting sun, this soft grey quartz look has medium particulates with translucent and mirror chips.
- Morning Ice (9204CE) Glistening like ice in the morning sun, this beautiful white quartz look is full of medium scale translucent white, grey and mirror particulates.
- Champagne Ice (9205CE) This beautiful quartz look sparkles like bursting bubbles of champagne in a warm neutral with medium translucent particulates and small reflective chips.
- Desert Ice (9206CE) The frozen desert sand crystals catch the moon's reflection in this medium scale quartz look with translucent brown, clear, grey and reflective particles.
Wilsonart adds four new patterns to its Cityscape collection which feature large translucent chips. Each design has been inspired by the colors most seen in a cityscape.
- Mystique (9200CS) Mystique features varied sizes of clear and tan translucent particulates in a warm neutral background.
- Sea Stone (9202CS) Like stones found at the sea, Sea Stone is a creamy tan neutral interspersed with medium particulates of translucent brown, white, tan and silver glittery chips.
- Flint Rock (9207CS) Flint Rock is a warm mid-toned grey with medium scale particulates in translucent, brown, grey, white and black interspersed.
- White Stone (9208CS) A beautiful design with a warm white background featuring medium particulates in translucent white, grey and brown. White Stone has many coordination possibilities.
Offering a bright white and a warm mid-toned brown in a smaller particulate look, Wilsonart expands its Riverstone series with two new additions:
- Yukon Riverstone (9196RS) Yukon Riverstone adds clarity and brightness to the portfolio. The pattern is a warm white design with small and medium particulates in translucent whites.
- Sandy Riverstone (9197RS) The warm mid-toned brown background in this design is calming and has added interest with the small and medium particulates in translucent white, brown, tan and black.
Rounding out all the new Solid Surface additions, Wilsonart offers three new designs that add value to the collection with their beauty and versatility:
- Whitewater (9198EA) New to Wilsonart’s Earthstone collection, Whitewater is a warm neutral design with small and medium particulates in translucent white, brown, tan and black.
- Pearl Mirage (9199MG) The classic Mirage collection now offers this design featuring small white and brown particulates in a warm neutral background.
- Hot Stone (9201GS) Adding to Wilsonart’s Global Spa series, Hot Stone is a deep soothing grey-brown color with small white particulates.
Wilsonart® Solid Surface is naturally resistant to fade, heat, mold, mildew and most stains, and is renewable and repairable. Solid Surface complies with FDA food contact requirements, and is safe for food contact and preparation; plus, sinks can be built directly into the countertop, making clean-up a breeze. Wilsonart Solid Surface has attained UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.
Wilsonart Solid Surface is backed by a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty and is available at kitchen and bath dealers, home centers and local fabricators nationwide. The 2016 Wilsonart Solid Surface designs are available at kitchen and bath retailers and home centers nationwide. To learn more about the product and to request samples, visit www.wilsonart.com/solid-surfaces or call 1-800-433-3222 to speak to a Wilsonart representative.
Wilsonart is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and distributors of High Pressure Laminates and other engineered surfaces used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications. The company operates under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands and has achieved success through a combination of outstanding service, high-quality products and a focus on continuously redefining decorative surfaces through improved performance and aesthetics. For more information, visit www.Wilsonart.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.