LOS ANGELES--The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) will make its debut at CES 2016 in Las Vegas. Prominent voices from highly-valued Taiwanese brands Acer, ASUS, Delta, along with ITRI, Taiwan's largest and one of the world's leading high-tech applied research institutions, will speak on the region’s innovation at a January 7 press conference at LVCC, South Hall Connector, S227 A.
Also, the Taiwan Excellence Pavilion, Booth 54015 Tech East, Westgate Pavilion, will feature 45 innovative products from 12 notable Taiwan Excellence Award-winning companies spanning the Automotive Technology, Gaming, Smart Home and Wearable Devices categories. Exhibitors include Acer, ADATA Technology, ASUS, Delta Electronics, DrayTek, Gigabyte Technology, HOLUX Technology, IN WIN Development, PAPAGO, Thermaltake Technology, Transcend Information, and UFRO (Mozbii).
Press conference details:
- Date and time: Thursday, January 7, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall Connector, S227 A
- 10:30 – 10:40: Registration
- 10:40 – 10:44: Welcome remarks by Walter M. S. Yeh, executive vice president, TAITRA
- 10:44 – 10:48: Special remarks by VIP Guest
- 10:48– 10:52: Special remarks by Ming-Shy Chen, Deputy Director General, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in Los Angeles
- 10:52 –11:02: Introduction to the Taiwanese information and communications technology (ICT) industry by Sean Wang, Ph.D., President, Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI)
- 11:02 –11:10: New product announcements by Acer
- 11:10 – 11:18: New product announcements by ASUS
- 11:18 – 11:25: New product announcements by Delta Electronics
- 11:25 – 11:30: Q&A, individual conversations and refreshments
Taiwan is a major global hub in the information and communications technology (ICT sector) and its consumer electronics products offer high value, cutting-edge design, and innovative features. Taiwanese companies account for about three-quarters of the world’s production of PCs and half of the world’s liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). In addition, Taiwan produces about a fifth of the world’s mobile phones.
Media interested in attending the press conference should email TAITRA@graham-associates.com to reserve a seat.
About the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA)
TAITRA was founded in 1970 to promote Taiwan’s foreign trade and competitiveness in world markets. TAITRA has played a key role in the development of the Taiwanese economy. TAITRA is jointly sponsored by the government and commercial associations and is viewed by all as the business gateway to Taiwan. Please visit http://www.taitra.org.tw/ for more information.
About the Taiwan Excellence Award
The Taiwan Excellence Award was launched in 1993 as the highest accolade to products that encapsulate the importance of innovation. Winners not only represent the most revolutionary, highest-quality products made by Taiwan, but also epitomize Taiwan’s unique genius in using innovation to create added value in the design and manufacturing of leading-edge products. Please visit http://www.taiwanexcellence.org/ for more information.