Next week, amerimold opens at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. It is an annual event that offers unique and useful insights into all aspects of the mold manufacturing business. A long standing tradition at the show is the unveiling of the “Top 10 Reasons to Be a Moldmaker” and corresponding “Top 10” t-shirt.
Each year, to compile the “Top 10” reasons, we solicit submissions from industry professionals. This year, we received a record number of submissions ranging from patriotic to practical; fraternal to comedic; verbose to unmentionable. Regardless, the solicitation, submission and review process provides great insights into why manufacturing professionals do (or should) attend tradeshows.
As a result, we put together the “Top 10 Reasons to Attend a Tradeshow.” Some of the items are specific to next week’s amerimold, but all of them apply to manufacturing-based events.
10. Save time & money by addressing all your business needs in one location
9. See mold machining & tooling technologies for increased efficiency
8. Discuss project and part challenges directly with applications experts
7. Locate service providers and suppliers that can help streamline your business
6. Take advantage of training and educational opportunities
5. Learn cost reducing mold maintenance strategies
4. Network with peers and prospects that can help grow your business
3. Support your industry and local manufacturing community
2. Research the latest tools for mold design & engineering
1. Discover something new that can impact your business
The 11th reason? Events are fun. Live events provide an opportunity to get out of the office, preferably with a colleague or two, to see the products, the processes and the people that make up your industry.
Whether it is visiting a large event in a metropolitan location; an annual destination meeting; an open house; a professional conference or a regional tradeshow, events are opportunities for you and your team to experience new product technologies, hear new process innovations and learn new business strategies. And, of course, there’s usually some free stuff.
Speaking of free, you can attend next week’s amerimold for free by using Promo Code: TOP10 when registering at amerimoldexpo.com. If you attend, in addition to seeing the products, the processes and the people that make molds, be sure to stop by Booth #147 to pick up your “Top 10 Reasons to Be a Moldmaker” t-shirt.