Makers from West Jordan, Utah, Kingsport, Tennessee, and Washington, D.C., Each Win $5,000 for Amazing Tape Creations
Twittercue: 3 grand prize winners awarded $5k each in @ScotchProducts #makeamazingcontest. #tapeart #craft #DIY http://bit.ly/1DlMhqZ
ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leisha Kelsey from West Jordan, Utah, Phillip Roberts from Kingsport, Tennessee, and Matthew Buckley from Washington, D.C., were each named grand prize winners and awarded $5,000 in the Scotch Make Amazing Contest.Scotch Brand from 3M and contest judge Brit Morin maker, CEO and founder of Brit + Co. were impressed with the three winners tape creations including a geometric sculpture, children s play nook and puzzle.
From sculptures and shoes to chandeliers and vases all made with tape, each entry was original and unique in its own way. It was so fun to see all the cool things people could make with tape.
I was blown away by the seriously amazing and creative things people made with Scotch Brand products, said Brit Morin of Brit + Co. From sculptures and shoes to chandeliers and vases all made with tape, each entry was original and unique in its own way. It was so fun to see all the cool things people could make with tape.
About the winners:
- Leisha Kelsey from West Jordan, Utah, won the Maker Masterpieces category grand prize for her children s play nook, including a tent, handcrafted flag buntings and a whimsical butterfly, created and embellished with Scotch Expressions Tapes.
- Phillip Roberts from Kingsport, Tennessee, won the Education Creations category grand prize for his puzzle of the United States of America, in which each piece was embellished with colorful Scotch Duct Tapes and Scotch Expressions Tapes to help children learn the fifty states and capitals.
- Matthew Buckley from Washington, D.C., won the Amazing Art category grand prize for his 3-D dodecahedron tape sculpture made of 800 folded triangles of Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape.
About the contest:
- Makers were challenged to create something amazing using Scotch Brand products, and enter a photo in one of three categories:
- #AmazingArt: art for display
- #MakerMasterpieces: DIY home dcor or craft
- #EducationCreations: project or tool created to educate children
- Ten finalists from each category were selected based on creativity, presentation and alignment to contest theme, and then America voted for their favorite entries.
- Morin selected the winners from the top three finalists with the most votes in each category.
To view all contest finalists, visit ScotchBrand.com/MakeAmazingContest. To get inspired by other amazing projects, visit ScotchBrand.com or follow Scotch Brand on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $31 billion in sales, 3M employs 89,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit http://www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
About Brit Morin
Founded by Brit Morin in 2011, Brit + Co. is an online media and e-commerce platform that provides tools to teach, inspire, and enable creativity among women and girls. From traditional crafts to high-tech manufacturing, Brit + Co. connects millions of users with makers, designers, chefs and inventors, together building a community of creativity. Users can purchase DIY project kits and products from a curated selection of makers in the Brit + Co. Shop. They can learn new creative skills through online tutorials and a series of exclusive e-classes. Brit + Co. is available for download on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone; connect with us online at Facebook, Pinterest,Twitter and Google+.
3M, Scotch and the Plaid Design are trademarks of 3M. 3M 2014.
For a Complete Version of this BUSINESS WIRE Press Release