- New Information Management On-board system provides real-time information to assist pilots and maintenance crews
- Consolidated communication package delivers more efficiency
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rockwell Collins next-generation information management, communications, landing and navigation systems made their debut on the first Airbus A350 XWB (Xtra-Wide Body), delivered to Qatar Airways. This is the first of 778 A350 XWB jets that Airbus has on order.
I congratulate Airbus on this monumental achievement, as well as the hundreds of dedicated employees at Rockwell Collins who helped get this new-generation aircraft to the customer
I congratulate Airbus on this monumental achievement, as well as the hundreds of dedicated employees at Rockwell Collins who helped get this new-generation aircraft to the customer, said Kent Statler, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Commercial Systems for Rockwell Collins. We greatly value Airbus confidence in Rockwell Collins to design, produce and implement our advanced systems on this state-of-the-art airliner.
Highlights of Rockwell Collins content on the A350 XWB include:
- The Information Management On-board solution a new airborne hosting platform for flight operations, aircraft maintenance and airline applications
- The communication system, which consolidates five separate packages into one, ensures management of the aircraft s voice and data communications between pilots, flight crew, controllers and the airline
- The Multi-Mode Receiver provides Instrument Landing System, GPS Landing System and Space Based Augmentation System capabilities, as well as the aircraft s position, velocity and time reference
- The Digital Low Range Altimeter (DLRA), the first digital radio altimeter for commercial aircraft, provides precise height measurements above terrain during aircraft approach, landing and climb-out phases of flight
Rockwell Collins is also providing the avionics data network, the trimmable horizontal stabilizer actuator and later, the rudder/brake pedal assembly.
More information about how Rockwell Collins and Airbus are innovating together for the A350 XWB can be found here.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
For a Complete Version of this BUSINESS WIRE Press Release