CHICAGO--QAD Inc. (Nasdaq:QADA) (Nasdaq:QADB) a leading provider of enterprise software and services designed for global manufacturing companies, today welcomed customers and partners from around the world to the QAD Explore 2016 customer conference at the Chicago Hilton. QAD Explore 2016 begins this afternoon and concludes on Thursday, May 5, 2016.
Explore is QAD’s largest annual event and provides a venue where customers, partners, sponsors and QAD experts come together for a week of informative sessions, hands-on training, manufacturing industry-specific presentations and networking. The agenda includes sessions on key trends in manufacturing, strategic developments in QAD’s target industries and information on new and enhanced solutions. Over 800 attendees from 30 countries will hear from more than 60 speakers, including QAD executives, customers, partners and manufacturing industry experts. Many sessions provide APICS continuing education credits.
Notable presentations on the agenda include:
- The Next Big Thing with QAD President and Chairman Pam Lopker.
- The Future of Things with QAD CEO Karl Lopker.
- The Future of Manufacturing with futurist Jim Carroll.
- A Lean Perspective: The Future of Manufacturing with lean manufacturing expert Dr. James P. Womack.
- Weakest Link: Threats & Cloud Solutions with cybersecurity authority Dr. Doug White.
- IoT Big Data and Manufacturing with QAD CTO Tony Winter and Peggy Smedley, host of The Peggy Smedley Show and editorial director of Connected World magazine.
To celebrate its customers, QAD will debut four new Customer Showcase videos at Explore 2016:
- The RENOLIT Group is an international leader in the manufacture of high-quality plastic films and related products for technical applications. The RENOLIT organization consists of eight business units in more than 30 sites on four continents. This video will show how QAD helps RENOLIT achieve maximum effectiveness while growing its complex and far-reaching business.
- Samvardhana Motherson Reflectec (SMR) is one of the largest manufacturers of rearview mirrors for passenger cars in the world. This video will show how QAD helps SMR ensure the production of the highest quality products by standardizing its business processes at facilities in multiple countries.
- Scosche Industries is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology and car audio products. This video will show how QAD helps this long-time customer innovate and operate more quickly and effectively while conserving resources.
- Wesco is a French manufacturer of children’s toys with brands used in nurseries, daycare centers and kindergartens in over 60 countries. This video will show how QAD helps Wesco manage the complexity of over 14,000 products, multiple languages and currencies, and thousands of customers.
“QAD Explore is a great opportunity for members of the QAD community to come together, catch up with old friends and colleagues and gain important insights into the latest trends in global manufacturing,” said Pam Lopker, President and Chairman, QAD. “Having so many of our customers, and especially new customers, attend this event each year gives us an invaluable opportunity to spend time with them in a relaxed setting, discuss their business and discover new ways that QAD solutions can help them become Effective Enterprises.”
About QAD – The Effective Enterprise
QAD Inc. (Nasdaq:QADA) (Nasdaq:QADB) is a leading provider of enterprise software and services designed for global manufacturing companies. For more than 35 years, QAD has provided global manufacturing companies with QAD Enterprise Applications, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that supports operational requirements, including financials, manufacturing, demand and supply chain planning, customer management, business intelligence and business process management. QAD Enterprise Applications is offered in flexible deployment models in the cloud, on-premise, or in a blended environment. With QAD, customers and partners in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial products and life sciences industries can better align daily operations with their strategic goals to meet their vision of becoming more Effective Enterprises.
For more information about QAD, call +1 805-566-6000, visit www.qad.com.
“QAD” is a registered trademark of QAD Inc. All other products or company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to Investors: This press release contains certain forward-looking statements made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements regarding projections of revenue, income and loss, capital expenditures, plans and objectives of management regarding the Company’s business, future economic performance or any of the assumptions underlying or relating to any of the foregoing. Forward-looking statements are based on the company’s current expectations. Words such as “expects,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “could,” “will likely result,” “estimates,” “intends,” “may,” “projects,” “should,” “would,” “might,” “plan” and variations of these words and similar expressions are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to: risks associated with our cloud service offerings, such as defects and disruptions in our services, our ability to properly manage our cloud service offerings, our reliance on third-party hosting and other service providers, and our exposure to liability and loss from security breaches; demand for the company's products, including cloud service, licenses, services and maintenance; pressure to make concessions on our pricing and changes in our pricing models; protection of our intellectual property; dependence on third-party suppliers and other third-party relationships, such as sales, services and marketing channels; changes in our revenue, earnings, operating expenses and margins; the reliability of our financial forecasts and estimates of the costs and benefits of transactions; the ability to leverage changes in technology; defects in our software products and services; third-party opinions about the company; competition in our industry; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; delays in sales; timely and effective integration of newly acquired businesses; economic conditions in our vertical markets and worldwide; exchange rate fluctuations; and the global political environment. For a more detailed description of the risk factors associated with the company and factors that may affect our forward-looking statements, please refer to the company's latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and, in particular, the section entitled “Risk Factors” therein, and in other periodic reports the company files with the Securities and Exchange Commission thereafter. Management does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements except as required by law.