SANTA BARBARA, Calif.--QAD Inc. (Nasdaq:QADA) (Nasdaq:QADB), a leading provider of enterprise software and services for global manufacturing companies, today announced the availability of QAD Transportation Management System (QAD TMS) 2.0. The latest version incorporates a new web-based user interface (UI), adds functionality, enhances existing features and provides technical updates and improvements.
QAD TMS helps manufacturers manage their planning and shipment execution. It provides automated rating, routing and complete management of multimodal shipping. QAD TMS consists of four major components: Freight Management, Trade Compliance, Global Trade Management and Package Exception Management. All share the same application platform including database, rules, workflows and user experience. QAD TMS provides full visibility into shipping including an accurate global view of in-transit shipments. It helps manufacturers meet performance targets for key customer service and fulfillment metrics, resulting in a greater return on transportation assets.
QAD TMS 2.0 Key Enhancements:
- Usability – The new UI introduces a variety of new functionality. Users can now output shipment inquiry results to a spreadsheet to simplify analysis. A new compliance configuration screen and Package Exception Management configuration screens simplify the configuration and maintenance of rules, workflows and package exception management, simplify adding locations and carriers and make it easier to share information.
- Address Verify enables users to reduce shipping errors and avoid additional delivery fees from carriers for address corrections by verifying shipping addresses prior to shipping.
- Trade Compliance – Partner, product and commodity level questionnaires are now available on the browser. Ad hoc compliance screening has been expanded to include item level checks to identify country-specific regulatory or commercial restrictions without creating a transaction.
- Carrier Network – QAD TMS expands its carrier network with seven new carriers and additional services for existing carriers.
- First Mile/Last Mile Tracking is a new extension to Package Exception Management that allows users to track shipments within an organization. It gives the mailroom visibility into pick-up requests and deliveries. All users, both senders and recipients, can track their package as soon as it arrives in the mailroom.
- New Certifications – TMS 2.0 meets UPS 2016 regulatory requirements and adds Atlas AES certification allowing users to comply with customs integration in Germany.
“QAD is committed to helping our customers deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time,” said QAD/TMS Division President Steve Gardner. “The latest version of QAD TMS increases visibility, helps our customers better comply with updated regulations and offers a variety of new features that will help them contain costs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.”
About QAD – The Effective Enterprise
QAD Inc. (Nasdaq:QADA) (Nasdaq:QADB) is a leading provider of enterprise software and services designed for global manufacturing companies. For more than 35 years, QAD has provided global manufacturing companies with QAD Enterprise Applications, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that supports operational requirements, including financials, manufacturing, demand and supply chain planning, customer management, business intelligence and business process management. QAD Enterprise Applications is offered in flexible deployment models in the cloud, on-premise or in a blended environment. With QAD, customers and partners in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial products and life sciences industries can better align daily operations with their strategic goals to meet their vision of becoming more Effective Enterprises.
For more information about QAD, call +1 805-566-6000, visit www.qad.com.
“QAD” is a registered trademark of QAD Inc. All other products or company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to Investors: This press release contains certain forward-looking statements made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements regarding projections of revenue, income and loss, capital expenditures, plans and objectives of management regarding the Company’s business, future economic performance or any of the assumptions underlying or relating to any of the foregoing. Forward-looking statements are based on the company’s current expectations. Words such as “expects,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “could,” “will likely result,” “estimates,” “intends,” “may,” “projects,” “should,” “would,” “might,” “plan” and variations of these words and similar expressions are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to: risks associated with our cloud service offerings, such as defects and disruptions in our services, our ability to properly manage our cloud service offerings, our reliance on third-party hosting and other service providers, and our exposure to liability and loss from security breaches; demand for the company's products, including cloud service, licenses, services and maintenance; pressure to make concessions on our pricing and changes in our pricing models; protection of our intellectual property; dependence on third-party suppliers and other third-party relationships, such as sales, services and marketing channels; changes in our revenue, earnings, operating expenses and margins; the reliability of our financial forecasts and estimates of the costs and benefits of transactions; the ability to leverage changes in technology; defects in our software products and services; third-party opinions about the company; competition in our industry; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; delays in sales; timely and effective integration of newly acquired businesses; economic conditions in our vertical markets and worldwide; exchange rate fluctuations; and the global political environment. For a more detailed description of the risk factors associated with the company and factors that may affect our forward-looking statements, please refer to the company's latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and, in particular, the section entitled “Risk Factors” therein, and in other periodic reports the company files with the Securities and Exchange Commission thereafter. Management does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements except as required by law.