PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today released its 2017 Corporate Sustainability Report, which details the company’s continued progress in strengthening its sustainable operations in 2017 and the launch of new, aggressive sustainability goals it aims to achieve by 2025. The report is available at sustainability.ppg.com.
“PPG’s sustainability efforts go beyond product innovations to extend to our customers’ operations and the communities in which we operate,” said Mark Cancilla, PPG vice president, environment, health and safety. “We are encouraged by our progress in 2017 and excited about our new goals, which are representative of the challenges and opportunities of our current business portfolio.”
The company achieved the following progress in 2017:
- 32 percent of sales from products that provide customers with a sustainable advantage, an increase of 60 percent since 2012. This includes the unveiling of multiple products that provide a sustainable solution, such as Sigma Air Pure, a revolutionary bio-based product that protects indoor air quality while it beautifies.
- 15 percent reduction in waste since 2012
- 46 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity since 2012
- 0.29 rate of injury and illness, a 6.5 percent reduction from 2016
- Implementation of employee wellness programs at 70 percent of locations with 50 or more employees
- $10.5 million invested in hundreds of community organizations across 29 countries
For videos, infographics and more on PPG’s sustainability efforts, visit sustainability.ppg.com.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.