CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that the PPG Foundation invested a combined $14,500 in six Circleville-area organizations in support of educational, business development and cultural initiatives in 2017. The grants were made on behalf of PPG’s local coatings facility.
The grant recipients and funding purposes were:
- Circleville-Pickaway Community Improvement Corporation: $3,000 for economic development efforts to recruit new businesses, community investments and jobs.
- Future City Competition Ohio Region: $3,000 to support a competition that introduces students to careers in engineering, city planning, architecture, project management and communications while building soft and technical skills.
- Logan Elm Local School District: $2,000 for college and career readiness programs that increase real-world, problem-based learning and educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Pickaway Helps: $4,000 to Kids on Campus, which provides local students with hand-on summer enrichment classes in STEM subject areas.
- Pickaway-Ross Career & Technology Center: $2,000 for a career fair to promote career options for high school students, unemployed adults and adults looking for a career change.
- Ted Lewis Museum: $500 for free children and student tickets and discounted adult tickets to the “Rubinoff and his Violin” tribute concert.
“PPG and the PPG Foundation are committed to helping expand the educational, cultural and economic development opportunities in the communities where PPG operates,” said Jeff Gillette, PPG plant manager, Circleville.
PPG and the PPG Foundation aim to bring color and brightness to PPG communities around the world. We invested more than $10.5 million in 2017, supporting hundreds of community organizations across 29 countries. By investing in educational opportunities, we help grow today’s skilled workforce and develop tomorrow’s innovators in fields related to coatings and manufacturing. Plus, we empower PPG employees to multiply their impact for causes that are important to them by supporting their volunteer efforts and charitable giving. Learn more at www.ppgcommunities.com and follow @PPG_Communities on Twitter.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.