DETROIT--Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today kicked off PowerPlex, its largest annual customer event where manufacturing and technology leaders come to collaborate, learn and celebrate the people and companies that make things. With more than 1,200 attendees representing industries that span from aerospace composites to electric scooters and gourmet candy, PowerPlex 2016 is the world’s largest conference of cloud manufacturing professionals.
Manufacturing Success in the Cloud
Global manufacturing organizations across various industries including aerospace and defense, automotive, food and beverage, high tech and electronics, industrial and precision metalforming continue to choose Plex to run business and manufacturing operations.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud supports nearly 500 customers across more than 1,500 manufacturing facilities around the world. In 2015, Plex-powered companies collectively:
- Made more than 250 million containers of items;
- Performed more than 50 million quality checks; and
- Generated more than $32 billion in revenue.
The four-day event supports sharing of best practices and new developments at the intersection of manufacturing and technology. Participants gain insight on ways to achieve the full potential of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. Highlights include:
- Educational Tracks: Featuring more than 100 speakers and 84 breakout sessions, PowerPlex 2016 offers content focused on shop floor execution, supply chain management, business management, platform & technology, manufacturing management, and manufacturing industry trends.
- The Plex Experience Lab: This newly extended lab and expo provides access to hands-on demos, product expertise and partner solutions.
- Third Annual Plex Impact Awards: These awards honor manufacturers that use cloud technologies to drive industry leadership, innovation and transformation.
Comments on the News
"Plex customers are the manufacturing industry’s leaders and innovators, pioneering new technology and new strategic approaches every day,” said Jason Blessing, CEO of Plex Systems. “PowerPlex is my favorite event of the year, because I get the chance to learn more about the remarkable things our customers make and the many ways they transform the world every day.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 450 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.