AURORA, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mitutoyo America Corporation is showcasing its best-in-class MACH Series of CMM Products. The product line is comprised of the MACH-V, MACH-3A and MACH Ko-ga-me. Product highlights listed:
- High-speed drive up to a maximum of 34.0"/sec (866 mm/sec): The world’s fastest CNC vertical axis, in-line coordinate measuring machine with world-beating acceleration (8,770mm/s2 or 0.89g), measuring speed (at the moment of contact: 20mm/s), as well as drive speed.
- Accuracy assurance throughout a wide temperature range 41~95° F (5~35° C): Real-time thermal compensation applied to measurements and origin setting assures excellent accuracy (referred to 20°C) over a much wider range of ambient temperature than conventional CMMs.
- High speed and accuracy with baycentric drive: Baycentric drive system, achieves an ideal drive that minimizes slide rotation, especially under high drive acceleration conditions, by applying the drive force directly through the mass center of the slide. This technique enables high-speed measurement with minimum accuracy deterioration compared with commonly-used CMMs.
MACH-3A Horizontal Coordinate Measuring System
- High-speed drive up to a maximum of 47.7"/sec (1,212mm/sec): The world’s fastest CNC horizontal axis, in-line coordinate measuring machine with world-beating acceleration (11,882mm/s2 or 1.21g) and measuring speed (at the moment of contact: 30mm/s) as well as drive speed.
- Accuracy assurance throughout a wide temperature range 41~104° F (5~40° C): Real-time thermal compensation applied to measurements and origin setting assures excellent accuracy (referred to 20°C) over a much wider range of temperature than conventional CMMs.
- All-in-one construction: The system integrates the main unit, data processor (PC) and monitor into one location to achieve further improved space-saving, dust resistance and adaptation to a wide range of temperatures.
- Unique and Compact 3D CNC Measuring System: Small-sized, requiring only a minimal envelope (15.0" [382mm] x 14.6" [373mm] x 27.7" [705mm]) and weighing 61.7 lbs. (28kg), it is available using either a fixed base (wherein the workpiece moves during measurement) or using a moving-axis mounting system of the customer’s own design. The measuring systems are available for horizontal or vertical installation and can be used in stand-alone applications or integrated into work cells.
- High speed drive times: With a maximum drive speed of 13.3"/sec (340mm/s), and an acceleration of 6,750mm/s2 (0.68g), these high-speed capabilities provide the instrument with the ability to rapidly acquire critical features, allowing for a quicker feedback and compensation of the manufacturing process, reducing scrap and increasing throughput.
- Excellent Environmental Standards: Using a sealed design and built-in thermal compensation, the tool is accurate within a temperature range of 50~95° F (10~35° C).
Mitutoyo Corporation is the world's largest provider of measurement and inspection solutions offering the most complete selection of machines, sensors, systems and services with a line encompassing CMM (coordinate measuring machines), vision, form and finish measuring machines, as well as precision tools and instruments, and metrology data management software. Mitutoyo's nationwide network of Metrology Centers and support operations provides application, calibration, service, repair and educational programs to ensure that our 8,500+ metrology products will deliver measurement solutions for our customers throughout their lifetime.