PITTSBURG, Kan.-- The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 platform will begin shipping August 1, 2013. The education platform is now available in the U.S. for educators to preorder.
- The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 platform will begin shipping August 1, 2013. The education platform is now available in the U.S. for educators to preorder.
- Announced in January 2013, the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 platform is the third generation of LEGO Education robotics technology designed for classroom use. It is a full teaching solution developed with educators to actively engage students in a number of key curriculum areas such as computer science, science, technology, engineering, and math correlated to national standards.
- The EV3 platform includes customizable curriculum and digital workbooks; a hardware platform based on real-world robotics technology for engaging, hands-on activities; an intuitive software platform consisting of both programming and data-logging interface including 48 step-by-step tutorials; and extensive professional development courses.
- The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set comes with the EV3 Brick, rechargeable battery, sensors, motors, large brick selection, a new ball wheel, and building instructions. Also available is the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Expansion Set, which enables students to build larger-scale, more complex robots. For easy classroom management, both the base education set and the expansion set have storage bins and sorting trays.
- Schools can equip an entire classroom (up to 24 students) for less than $5,000, and that initial investment will last many years and through hundreds of students.
- For information on how to implement LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 in your school, or how to transition to EV3 from NXT, visit www.LEGOeducation.us/MINDSTORMS
- For press materials, please visit http://educationnews.legoeducation.us
About LEGO Education
Since 1980, LEGO Education (LEGOeducation.us) has delivered hands-on, curriculum-based resources for teachers and students worldwide. LEGO Education believes a hands-on, minds-on approach helps students actively take ownership of the learning process and develop 21st-century skills such as creative thinking and problem solving through real-life, engaging experiences.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, MINDSTORMS, and the MINDSTORMS logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. 2013 The LEGO Group.
SUBSCRIBE TO MFRTech.COM TODAY, CUSTOMIZE YOUR NEWS, RECEIVE BY EMAIL (CLICK HERE)
For a Complete Version of this BUSINESS WIRE Press Release