SALT LAKE CITY--Fisher Group Inc., one of the largest sign supply distributors, label printers and plastic fabricators in the Western United States, has moved its operations into an 83,000-square-foot facility on the northwest side of Salt Lake City, nearly doubling its cubic feet of capacity for the manufacturing, storage and distribution of its products.
Supplying sign and printing materials to businesses in Utah and the intermountain region for over 70 years, Fisher Group Inc. is the holding company for Regional Supply, Plastic Fabricating and American Label. Regional Supply specializes in wholesale distribution to large format digital printers, screen printers, commercial sign makers and installers, and a wide variety of plastics users. American Label specializes in adhesive backed labels, as well as flexible packaging. Plastic Fabricating has many capabilities, including all types of thermoforming, CNC routing and specialty fabricating.
The new Fisher Group Inc. headquarters is housed in a modern warehouse building at 4517 West 1730 South, in Salt Lake City. The company’s previous headquarters—housed in separate, smaller buildings in South Salt Lake—was home to Regional Supply, Plastic Fabricating and American Label for over 50 years.
“We’re proud of our history and our steady growth over many decades,” said David Fisher, President and CEO of Fisher Group, Inc. “When it came time to move from our previous location, we were thrilled to settle into this larger facility within Salt Lake City—where all three companies could be housed under one roof. It’s a newly renovated building, with higher ceilings and more cubic feet, that gives us a very comfortable environment in which to work.”
Fisher Group Inc. also owns Vinyl Outlet (vinyloutlet.net) at 1140 East Brickyard Road in Salt Lake City, and Regional Supply Alaska, in Anchorage.
About Fisher Group, Inc.
Regional Supply began in 1946 as a four-person electric motor repair shop in Salt Lake City, Utah, founded by Art Mendenhall and called Regional Electric Works. By 1951 Regional Supply had expanded into a sign supply business, and into plastics by 1959. Eventually the company comprised three distinct businesses—Regional Sign Supply, Plastic Fabricating and Supply, and American Label Company. In 1968 all three businesses moved to a facility in southwest Salt Lake City. In the early 1980’s Regional Supply began its move into digital imaging supplies for the rapidly changing sign and graphics industry. Since the purchase of the three companies by David Fisher in 2008, Fisher Group has continued to embrace the latest technology, becoming one of the largest sign supply distributors, label printers and plastic fabricators in the Western United States. For more information visit www.fishergroupinc.com.