Alimak Group (STO:ALIG)
Growth from sales initiatives in challenging markets
· Order intake of +6 percent (+8 percent in local currencies)
· Weaker revenue for Industrial Equipment and After Sales
· EBIT impacted by lower volumes and cost for growth initiatives
· Order intake increased by 6% to 569.4 MSEK (535.8). In local currencies, the increase was 8%.
· Market share growth and strong markets in Construction Equipment.
· Redirected sales in Industrial Equipment translates into 26% growth in orders in local currencies.
· Revenues decreased by 2% to 455.3 MSEK (462.3). In local currencies, revenue was unchanged.
· Strong revenue quarter for Construction Equipment.
· Slow start of 2016 for Industrial Equipment due to weaker order intake in 2015.
· Operating profit (EBIT) before items affecting comparability was 60.0 MSEK (76.0). In local currencies, EBIT was 60.4 MSEK (76.0).
· Profit impacted by a lower Industrial Equipment volume and cost for ongoing sales initiatives.
· Operating margin (EBIT percentage) before items affecting comparability was 13.2% (16.4). In local currencies, the operating margin was 13.0% (16.4).
· Cash flow from operating activities was 30.5 MSEK (12.9).
· Earnings per share 0.67 (0.11) SEK.
· Alimak continue to pursue its plan for growth, in spite of challenging general markets. Opportunities to expand are identified, both in geographical market coverage, as in emerging new applikation areas, and are being addressed through the launched strategic initiatives.
Press and analyst conference
A press and analyst telephone and web conference will be held on Thursday 28 April at 10.00 CET. CEO Tormod Gunleiksrud and CFO Stefan Rinaldo will present and comment on the report.
SE: +46 8 566 42 699
UK: +44 20 300 898 07
The presentation can also be followed via webcast
Alimak is a global market leader and a pioneer in designing, developing, manufacturing, distributing and servicing industrial vertical accesss solutions. The company provide high quality hoists, elevators and platforms primarily for the industrial and construction sectors. Alimak has a global sales, services and distribution platform across more than 70 countries with strong market positions. The company has a well-established and highly resilient aftersales business and its large global installed base of close to 22,000 units provides unique know-how into it´s customer´s needs. Alimak was founded in 1948, is headquartered in Stockholm and employ over 1,100 people across the world. www.alimakgroup.com
The information above has been published pursuant to the Swedish Securities Markets Act (Swe. lag om värdepappersmarknaden) and Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act (Swe. lagen om handel med finansiella instrument).
This information was released for publication at 08.00 CET on 28 April 2016.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com