PARIS--Only a few days after announcing the expansion of its technological range of industrial machines for selective laser sintering of polymers and related materials, Prodways Group announces the launch of its Aerospace division. This division offers a full range of additive manufacturing products dedicated to the aerospace sector, covering:
- design of tooling and embedded parts;
- manufacture of finished parts in plastic and metal;
- development of machines and materials for all 3D printing technologies.
The Prodways Group Aerospace division is backed up by the industrial experience of:
- the Aerospace division of ECA group, a subsidiary of Groupe Gorgé, with 30 years' experience in production, control and maintenance tooling for the aerospace sector;
- Initial, a Prodways Group subsidiary with 20 years' experience in the production of plastic and metal parts using additive manufacturing for the aerospace industry and covering a wide range of technologies and certified plastic and metal materials with an installed base of some thirty additive manufacturing machines, including a dozen metal machines;
- Prodways, a leading global player in the development of additive manufacturing machines and materials.
This new division will be based at the ECA group's premises within the European aeronautics hub in Toulouse. A showroom dedicated to the aerospace sector will be inaugurated later today, showcasing the knowledge and offering of Prodways Group's new division. In particular, it will present certain tooling applications already in use in industrial operations at aeronautical manufacturing sites, and examples of embedded parts developed on test equipment and which are entering mass production.
The aerospace market is a priority for the Prodways Group, which already counts more than ten major players in the sector as clients. Additive manufacturing is a source of breakthrough applications for this sector in terms of saving weight, improving performance, reducing costs and speeding up the manufacturing time. The Group's driving ambition for this sector could notably be described as the deployment of dedicated production lines for both plastic and metal applications.
The unique offering of the Prodways Group, encompassing expertise in the development of machines, materials and applications, will enable the Group to offer an extraordinary collaboration to its customers, and achieve the exacting quality and productivity standards required by this business.
About Groupe Gorgé:
Established in 1990, Group Gorgé is an industrial group operating in different areas of expertise: Smart Safety Systems, Protection in Nuclear Environments, Industrial Projects & Services and 3D Printing
In 2014, the Group reported revenue of €223.3 million. It is backed by 1,370 employees and operations in over ten countries. Groupe Gorgé is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000062671; Ticker code: GOE) and on the US OTC market (ISIN: US3994511034; OTC Pink: GGRGY / GGRGF) in the form of ADR.
More information available on www.groupe-gorge.com