The contract includes:
- The project management, fabrication, transport and installation by reeling of 12” corrosion resistant alloy clad rigid flowlines(2),
- The onshore fabrication of PLETs(3), flowline appurtenances and rigid spools(4),
- The transport and installation of the subsea equipment including manifolds, umbilical termination assemblies, rigid spools and flying leads,
- The management of key interfaces with the hook-up and commissioning of the FLNG facility with timely transport, installation and handover of the flexible risers(5) and umbilical(6).
This award represents a key milestone for Technip, achieving the first reel-pipelay project in the region for the new-built vessel, the Deep Energy.
(1) Technip, co-partner of the TSC consortium with Samsung Heavy Industries, is in charge of the construction and installation of the FLNG facility.
(2) Flowline: a rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of gas/condensate production. The length is 4-off approx. 3 kms flowlines each.
(3) PLET: pipeline end termination, subsea structure to connect rigid flowline and flexible riser.
(4) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
(5) Riser: a flexible pipe laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of gas/condensate production from the seabed to the surface production facility. The length of each of the 4-off risers is approx. 800 m.
(6) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from the surface facility.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world's energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPK).
For a Complete Version of this BUSINESS WIRE Press Release
All comment postings require your name and email address for user verification only. Your email address will not be used or distributed for any other purpose.
No advertising is permitted and will result in the post being deleted and/or banning. Please click "REPORT" to report any inappropriate posts. blog comments powered by Disqus
Permission to Reproduce:
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and similar rights to all material published on this website are owned by The Manufacturers Group Inc. DBA Manufacturing & Technology eJournal( mfrtech.com ). Reproduction of any article in print, electronic or any other form must acknowledge mfrtech.com as the Source and include a link to http://www.mfrtech.com